Monday, April 6, 2009

SEW ON AND ON

So I have this perfect window seat arrangement in the basement, that the builders put stone on. Arrgh.......
















Well, I decided we needed to make this space usable. I found 1"foam sheets at Wal-Mart that come 96" long. The seat measures 68" x 24". I bought 2 rolls of the foam (for extra padding) and 2 yds of a classic black and white material and 2 yds of black duck cloth. I also purchased wide single fold bias tape, which is usually used for binding, for the ribbing. I cut the foam to exact measurements then laid the material on the foam to cut the right shape. I then placed the bias tape in between each sew line and there you have it! I used the black duck cloth for the bottom, as it is a studier material. I needed something strong to rub against the stone.

Now this is a totally usable space. Ready to curl up with a good book?









No comments:

Post a Comment