Wednesday, April 8, 2009

GOT BANANAS?















The circumstance I frequently find myself in, is buying too much fruit. My eyes are always bigger than what we can actually eat at my house. Good thing I know what to do!
My family's loves these 2 great recipes I make with bananas.


SMOOTHIE POPSICLES

All you need is these three ingredients.
1 Ripe Banana
10 Large Strawberries
1 c. Orange Juice














Blend all together until you have a smoothie consentancy (this makes about 3 cups)



















Then pour into popsicle holders - makes 8 of these fun star shaped ones














Freeze and enjoy 1 hour later.



















YUMMY HEALTHY CHUNKY MUFFINS
Ingredients:
1-2 ripe bananas
2 cups diced ripe strawberries
1 cup rolled or quick oats
1 cup plain yogurt (not yoplait, use real yogurt like Brown Cow)
2 cups whole wheat flour
1.5 cups sugar (I use the organic cane sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
Any nuts - optional
(I also added a liquid calcium/magnesium and folic acid supplements)

Mix all together - Bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes














I used baking cups - less mess

Baked they are a perfect golden brown and yummmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment